Although i thought that the Seasonal affective disorder was just kinda made up but now i seriously understand that it is real and can happen. so to combat this we have my ……
25 things to get out of your seasonal funk!
- Have a hot shower. it will wake you up and make you feel refreshed. for an even better time turn the water temperature down a bit just before you get out, you feel so much better.
- Get tickling. Either tickle someone you know or don’t know but always be open to them tickling you.
- Get some bubbles, they are cheep fun mood lifters
- Get to cleaning. Cleaning and just organizing can both de-clutter and help lift your spirits.
- Watch a really funny or Disney movie
- Make something if its gluing glitter to the cat or building your own super collider just try to make one thing. Pintrest is great for that
- Make a cup of warm liquid; hot coco, tea whatever you want
- Read a book
- Write a letter to a friend or family, snail mail obviously
- Teach someone how to do something like knitting or how to make the printer work
- learn something like how the printer works
- Take a walk, No matter how cold you will feel so much better after
- Plan a special day for yourself or for someone else
- Go to the library
- Make a pillow fort and eat something/read a book inside
- Dance! Whether its at a club or at home to your favorite song just do it.
- You know that show you have been wondering about…..go start watching it and get super deep into it.
- Finish a project that you have been putting off. The feeling you get when you are done is great.
- Play a game! either with a group of people or but yourself video games are fine but nothing gets you focused like trying to play a one person game of Agricola
- Dogs, cats, birds and squirrels, get out and play. Pet the worlds animals obviously some are friendlier then other but i trust your judgment what NOT to touch.
- Go to a petting zoo, a museum, an aquarium any place that you can see all the wonders of nature, science and beauty combined.
- Start a happiness jar. Get a jar, let everyone you know (and yourself) write something they either like doing, something they think is funny or a memory shared between you and the person. when you are feeling down the open the jar an pull a few out.
- Complement someone, whether it is a coworker or it is just someone on the street just say that they are awesome. Careful with looks complements they can sometimes go the wrong way…..
- Sleep. Nothing helps recharge the battery like sleeping.
- And the most important of all spend time with the ones you love if its your partner in life or just your partner in crime get out there and see the world together. Also don’t be afraid to tell your friends you love them.
Well that’s all for me , i had a really hard time thinking of ones that could go for everybody and not just me.